Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Finally getting somewhere

Standing up to people for what you believe in,takes quite a bit of courage. It needs more than just immature rebelliousness which may give you the initial impetous but not kindle enough fire to drive you till the goal is reached.

I've always been a "go-along-with-the flow" person,simply because I find arguments, disagreements and protests quite unpleasant.So far, I've let life sweep me along,let things and people happen to me, so much so that I'd become a spectator in my own life.I watched and watched and watched while keeping my hopes locked away in secret places within.

Thankfully its beginning to change.The biggest proof of which have been the events of the last two weeks.I've finally found the guts to say no,when I'm being offered a compromise instead of what I want.Its not worth dreaming if one doesn't have the courage to try and make dreams come true,irrespective of the consequences.

Surprisingly, people or events seem frightening only as long as you choose to remain fearful.When one decides to face the music,suddenly the threats seem mild and less terrifying."Nothing is as bad as it first seems".Indeed.

In chasing my dreams,I'm getting closer to the core of who I am.No disguises, no pretences, no placid consolations.

Nothing is sweeter than true strength of conviction and the feeling that I'm one step closer to my ideals.

3 comments:

Am I Who said...

proud of you, girl!
keep it going! :)

Unbiased Opinionz said...

now thats what i call spirit! the spirit to fight in order to get somewhere! thats the way it shud be.

- Ubiquitous - said...

so much so that I'd become a spectator in my own life.I watched and watched and watched while keeping my hopes locked away in secret places within.

Loved those lines. I'd share the sentiment. :)

Being able to say a firm NO is so relieving. No?

All the best with reaching your goals, if you haven't already!